25 December, 2012

Christmas Wishes

So, apparently I had my ass grabbed by an insomniac on Saturday, and I guess, in the blogging world, that means I get five wishes. Or something. I don't know; the actual process was very confusing (there were so many forms, I never want to sign my name again), and I think I remember someone losing a finger. And I still don't know what to do with the shaman that's been following me around since.

Anyway, since I didn't have an opportunity to do this until just now, these are going to be my wishes for next Christmas.

1.) My first wish is the same wish I make when I blow out birthday candles, see a shooting star, eat a green M&M, find a genie's lamp, or rescue damsels in distress. I wish to be as happy as I possibly can be in every given situation. I'm not asking for a life of Prozac, I just want to be able to enjoy my time spent on this ball of rock and ice hurtling through space as much as I can.

2.) Secondly, I wish for confidence. My level of insecurity with myself is pretty ridiculous and I know that it's unwarranted, but it's still a part of my reality. I think that's going to be a lifelong battle, so then...

3.) ...I wish for the strength to persevere. I fight a lot of battles with personal demons. Not just insecurity, but several other things. Some are merely imps and not that powerful, like dealing with weight issues, but my fight with some resembles the struggle of Gandalf and the Balrog in that I'll need all my cunning and wits (and strength to spare) to win.

4.) This one is a bit more selfish than the others. I wish to be published. I want to be able to go to a particular bookstore in Maine, take a copy of MY book off the shelf, and show that barista in the café section that I wasn't being a creeper, that I actually had a reason for going in almost every day and writing, or just reading. Hoo, that was a long sentence, but I think that adequately describes that wish, so....

5.) Finally, I wish for the physical strength to punch through steel, the charm to melt cold butter, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I'm supposed to tag five people, but I don't KNOW five blogging people who read my blog, so...I guess I'm exempting myself from that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment