26 January, 2013

(The Sing With Me Initiative)

I can't sleep, as I have quite a lot on my mind. A wise woman once told me that the best way to quiet the mind is to just write it all out. Well, okay, maybe it wasn't said so much as shown, but, regardless, here I am, writing.

It's presently quarter past five in the morning on a Saturday, and I have to work tonight, so you'd think I would be trying a bit harder to fall asleep, but it (in my experience, as I'm no expert) is less about force and more about finesse, and I'm not really feeling delicate at the moment.

Most likely in March, I'll be doing something I think is neat with the video blog. I'm calling it the Sing With Me Initiative. I asked four friends of mine (of which only two currently have pseudonyms for this blog: Sol and The Photographer) to sing a song with me live.

It's not really for anything in particular, but I want to get my friends more involved with my life, as I have never really been very good with the whole self-disclosure thing. What better way than to dive in head-first, yeah?

Upon further reflection, I kind of want to branch out after singing with people "in-studio" and move to singing with people not in my vicinity, but still finding a method of harmonizing with them to make it sound less like two pieces of audio, and more like two people singing a song together.

However, since the vlog has such a small fanbase at this time, I don't know how well it will go over.

Before I seek clips of songs elsewhere, but after live-action singing, I want to get the other five people in the vlog project in on this initiative. In my head, we're all going to finally find a time to connect for one big group chat, and we'll sing together then, but I also have yet to bring this up to them, so I don't know if it will be feasible.

So far, the song list is as follows:
(TBA pseudonym) and I- Reel Big Fish - She Has a Girlfriend Now
(TBA pseudonym) and I- The Black Keys - Things Ain't Like They Used to Be
Sol and I- Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man
And neither The Photographer nor I have picked out a song yet.

Bear in mind that the song list is subject to change for any reason.

I didn't talk about what I wanted to, but I suppose that's another story for another time.

1 comment: