20 March, 2013

(inconsistency at its finest)

I am an incredibly inconsistent person. I put the blame on my star sign. I am a Gemini, born on a Wednesday (a day ruled by Mercury...where do you think 'mercurial' comes from?), and I was born in the year of the tiger. To make it even worse, I am a right-brained individual.

Messy, chaotic, idea-guy.

Everything I have ever known, everything I have ever been, all lines up to prove this. Even before I knew anything about star signs or left-brain/right-brain thinking.

I am willing to admit, however, that after I found out about that, I may have been subconsciously going out of my way to perpetuate this line of thinking, but where's the whimsy in that? Part of the self that is me is being a whimsy magnet.

Magnate also works, I suppose.

I can't help it. I try and try to create order and be logical, but it sounds bizarre to my ears when coming from my mouth. Also, there is a (rather large) part of me that enjoys flitting from one thing to the next. I like being a jack-of-all-trades, despite the fact that it doesn't truly help when trying to pick a path.

Like becoming an author. It takes long hours, dedication, lots of time and effort. To craft a good story requires focus, something I have in high demand, but short supply.

(I'm also currently fixated on the fact that I just discovered the existence of an avocado of the month club; I don't want to put anything about it in my works. I hate when I become fixated on stupid things. Maybe I could find some humor in it.

Okay, I think this tangent has gotten out of control.)

So, uh, where was I? Something about focus...oh, well. It's gone now.

...

Oh, right! I need to find a method of writing even when I don't want to, to keep on going, be dedicated, et cetera. I suppose that's why I created this blog, to help me find my focus and to get those stories out as they come to me, while working on the big one.

Hah, wish me luck, as I just may need it.

2 comments:

  1. Great post :)
    I haven't had a chance to read through many of your posts, so I have to ask, Have you tried photography?
    As an inspiration exercise I mean.
    Whenever you go out; snap some random pictures then fabricate short scenarios about the scenes you snapped.
    I use this technique to inspire artwork for my fans.
    http://bleueyedgirl.blogspot.com/2013/01/living-dreamcan-sometimes-be-nightmare.html
    Good Luck with your adventure :)
    @bleueyedmonster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried that, but that sounds like an absolutely amazing idea. Thank you very much for that!

      Delete