12 April, 2013

Kinesthetics

Ahh, the art of learning by doing. Some say it's reserved purely for the prideful, while others say it's for the creative souls among us. All I know is that it is, almost literally, the only method I know of to teach me new things.

I have to make my own mistakes, often several times over, before I catch on. It's a blessing and a curse. I get the experience of actually trying, but it frequently makes me out to be a stubborn child. And there's also the "I told you so"s afterward.

Irritating to the nth degree, those damnable, smug, holier-than-thou types.

The other two types of learning, the most popular in all of my schooling, are auditory and visual, and they're exactly what they sound like. Auditory is listening to a lecture, and visual is watching someone else do it first.

For me, auditory is crap because if I don't do what's being described, as it's being described, I have no idea if what I'm picturing is correct. Plus, lectures are ever so dreary. And visual is also crap for me because memory-imprinting doesn't occur for me if I'm not actively working.

So, I will frustrate myself to no end in order to accomplish a task, and upon completion, will feel all the more accomplished for doing so. Maybe I am more stubborn than I initially realized, upon further reflection.

Hrm. I shall think on this. Maybe this is, yet again, a topic to revisit after the challenge.


Next: I use far more, probably unnecessary, words than I realistically need to in order to (hopefully) accurately convey even the most simple of notions.

No comments:

Post a Comment