25 April, 2013

Videos, Violent Illness, and Vehicle Issues (a blog in three parts)

Act I: Videos

(Ed. note: This was supposed to be a blog solely about my videos, but the other two acts will describe their own existence.)

Back on Day P, I said that I was a part of a video blog project, entitled Perfect Strangers. Today, I'm going to put up some of my favorite videos (of mine), with a little blurb about each.

First up on the docket is a video I did for a punishment. Punishments are reserved for when one of the members either fails to put up a video on their respective day, or exceeds the five minute maximum length. The whole process of punishments has gotten kind of confusing, since we're all owed at least one, and...well, it's just a mess. Anyway, of the all the videos I have put up, this one is particularly my favorite, because it introduces the character of my twin sister, Candy, and she pretends to know what she's talking about. Also, I look good in drag. Hah!

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce the lovely Candy Saturday.




This one is memorable to me because I had only just recently discovered that our little group had a fan. Now, I'm not talking about one of our friends who we showed our videos to and then they continued watching, this is a girl who found out about us on her own. She started following me on Twitter, and when I followed back (mostly because hers is a private account and I was just curious), we got to talking and I got an idea to interview her, to show that we do care about the (rumored) people who watch our vlogs.

Here's her interview:




Next up, we had a challenge way back when. A karaoke challenge. It's exactly what it sounds like. This is my entry, suitably titled "Dy butchers a Spice Girls song." It's for a good cause, though.




And finally for Act One, the video on the whole channel with the highest amount of views for some reason unknown to me. I just don't get it. I think it's just the Youtube generation. Apparently it's awesome to watch a guy eat a hot dog. I don't know, you be the judge.




Act II: Violent Illness

This is the reason I'm currently missing days T and U, but don't worry. As soon as I'm done with this post, I'll get to work on the two of them. As soon as I got home Monday night, I vomited. It was beyond gross. Then I slept for approximately 25 hours, woke up, and vomited again. I'm still feeling a little queasy, but I'm much better than I was (I can keep food down and I have energy), so that's good.

My...that was a quick act. Onto the finale, then.

Act III: Vehicle Issues

This part makes me sad. At roughly this time last year, I was having very severe issues with my car. Namely, the right rear wheel was a hair's breadth from falling off. I'm not done paying off the loan I had to take to fix it. So, imagine my surprise when I notice some odd sounds coming from the car (affectionately named "The Blueberry," yes, it's a Psych reference) and I take it to my friend, The Mechanic, and he finds that the same exact issue that plagued me one year ago is occurring once more, only on the opposite side. The left rear wheel is in the beginning stages of what cost me so very much to fix last year.

Le sigh.

Anyone know of a decently-priced, gas-economical car for sale in the southern Maine region? Any suggestions on what I should get for my next car?


Next!: Lycanthropy!

1 comment: