01 May, 2013

Ich bin ein Liebster Award winner!

So, back in April, during the A-to-Z Challenge (Days T and U are coming, I swear!), I won a Liebster Award. J, of jlennidornerblog saw fit to bestow upon me this prestigious award on 14 April, and I said I'd put it up on 1 May, so here's me fulfilling my obligation.

First up, the answers to the questions presented to me.

01.) Would you rather watch a sunrise or a sunset (not a metaphor), and why?

I don't know if I have a preference. Hold on, let me answer some of the other questions and think about it. I'll get back to you....

Okay, let's see here, I think I would have to say a sunrise. (I am actually partial to both, so I'll try to stave off the sunset references until the next bit, unless my 'sunrise' answer starts to become overly long.) Sunrise would be a nice view because it would be an amazing end to my day. In my line of work, I go to bed when everyone else is waking up, so there's that. In any event, there are two main scenarios that would involve my watching a sunrise.

First, as the end of a date. There's the whole adventure of the date itself, and once that's done, sitting outside on a porch or a deck, or driving off to a secluded spot somewhere specifically to watch the sunrise just, in my opinion, puts the official seal of a great date on the events of the night prior. The feeling of warmth and the visual beauty created by all those brilliant pinks, reds, and oranges streaking into the morning air, eliminating the darkness, just seems to create an almost indescribable sense of joy.

Second, as the start to a day that promises to be filled to the brim with wonderful activity. I find sunrises to be of great significance in that they seem magickal, and they hold promise of beauty in the day to come. Plus all that wonderful stuff I said about the end of a date also applies here.

02.) How do you feel about homeschooling?

To be quite frank, I don't really have any strong feelings about homeschooling one way or another. I mean, I like the fact that, statistically, homeschooled students are more intelligent, but I also feel that homeschooling has the tendency to stunt the social development of a person. I tend to think of myself as having difficulty relating to others most of the time, so I cannot imagine how much worse it would be if my opportunities to interact with others was severely limited in that fashion.

Then again, my whole family is kind of socially awkward. The older ones, anyway, and I've always preferred the company of the older ones, since I never could relate to my cousins. I don't know, though, because my father's side seem pretty laid back and easy-going (I was referring to my mother's side re: socially awkward), so I suppose it would have really depended on which side was actually doing the homeschooling.

03.) What is the most alluring thing a svelte woman can wear?

For this one, I'll give you pictures. You find the common thread. (Eh? Thread in the answer when the question is about clothes? Eh)





  
















04.) What do you believe would be the greatest challenge or biggest weakness for a deity? (Not necessarily a deity you believe in, if you happen to have faith, but just hypothetically speaking.)

I think, in this day and age, the greatest challenge would be to get people to believe that s/he was actually a deity, and not some sort of deranged lunatic. I mean, anyone can say that they're of divine blood, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are. Okay, what if someone is shown a miracle? They begin thinking that they're a deranged lunatic.

Well, unless we're talking about children. Children have a sense of whimsy that the world beats out of them. Not always, and sometimes not wholly. If someone were to approach a person of whimsy and say "I'm a deity!" the listener might have an easier time with accepting the fact.

Now, because I can sometimes be an overachiever, I think the biggest weakness, especially if I were a deity, would be continuing to allow people to suffer and hurt. I try to mitigate pain all the time, and I'm no deity, but if I had some sort of special ability to help ease the awfulness of agony easier? No one would ever hurt again.

I call that a weakness because people will never reach their potential if not for pain. We need to fail in order to appreciate success, to hurt to be able to appreciate the good times, feel sadness in order to truly appreciate the happiness.

05.) What would most motivate you to tell someone else about a good book you just read?

The very fact that it was a good book. If I like something, I try to share it as much as I possibly can. I want everyone around me to experience the happiness and contentment of whatever it is that I enjoyed reading/seeing/doing so much. (Speaking of which, read House of Leaves, by Mark Z. Danielewski. It's my favorite book of all time.)

06.) What do you do with your clean socks? (Fold them together, roll them into a ball, pull them out of a package because you never wear the same socks twice...)

I fold them over. There's a weird sense of satisfaction when I grab them by the foot and slap them over my forearm to unfold them.

Don't look at me like that, I already know how weird it is.

07.) If your life were to flash before your eyes right now, how would it look and what feeling(s) would you have?

Taking a step back to look objectively upon my life, I would have to say that I would see 

08.) What do you retweet the most on Twitter, share-post the most of on Facebook, or +1 the most of on Google+?

On Twitter, I retweet things that I think make a good point. Things that make me just sit back and say "Huh, I never thought of it like that." I will retweet the shit out of that. Or, tweets that make me laugh. I love to laugh; I love making other people laugh. So, if only one more person thinks that what the original tweeter said was funny, and they only would have seen it via my tweets, then I think I put some good in the world.

09.) What would most make you respect a man you just met?

Kindness. Not just to the people he wants to impress, but to everyone around him. The same goes for women, too, by the way. Kindness and showing respect to me in return. I'm not trying to say that I don't start respecting someone until they respect me, it's a mutual agreement. Mutually assured respectfulness. Yeah, that sounds about right.

10.) When looking for a blog hop, where do you turn to?

I honestly have never looked for a blog hop before, as I'm still relatively new to this whole blogging game, and I don't really have the basics down pat yet, so I suppose I don't really have an answer for this question. I wouldn't even know where to begin searching, either, unfortunately. Any and all suggestions would be more than welcome.

I blame my lack of easy access to a computer for my shortcomings in this.

11.) What are the first three verbs associated with water that come to mind? (Examples: pour, drip, spill -- No, you can not use those three! Be creative. Think.)

Quench.
Drown.
Drain.

One more picture, just to round it out.


Now, it's time for Part Two, in which I must state eleven random facts about me.

01.) When I started generating ideas for my solo video blog, and when I started filming for Perfect Strangers, I intended for my phone to ring during one of the episodes. I even made the ringtone myself. It was the chorus to Hanson's MMMBop, and the character of Dy Saturday was going to be in love with it. I haven't implemented this yet because my laptop and video camera both died, so I film and upload my videos using my phone.

02.) I'm slightly hydrophobic.

03.) Three is my favorite number because triangles make perfect bridge supports, three-legged stools will never wobble, and it's classically considered to be a number of completion.

04.) More so when I was younger, I still occasionally become anxious about colors. I used to have colors I could only touch with my left side, and colors I could only touch with my right. Once, I even had an anxiety attack because I touched a left-side color with my right hand.

05.) In the eighth grade, I started writing stories based wholly on words I read in the dictionary because I couldn't find any books I wanted to read, so the characters "Ampersand" and "Often" were born. "Often" wasn't the same character I posted blogs about here, the original one was based on my best friend at the time, as "Ampersand" was based on me.

06.) When I was much younger, I used to pretend I was deaf, and would make up my own signs to try and communicate with people, but in reality, I was more interested in how they dealt with the scenario I was presenting them with. I stopped when I accidentally found someone who could actually sign.

07.) There are (quite an embarrassingly high number of) times in which I wish I had hypergraphia. The feeling mostly comes around when I realize just how long it's been since the last time I wrote something and begin berating myself for not writing more, which, I suppose, is the perfect setup for...

08.) I am much harder on critiquing myself than I should be, to the point where I'm surprised by how mean I can be to myself.

09.) I still hold on, very tightly, to the dream that I'll grow up to be Spider-man someday.

10.) I am not even close to being ashamed that, as a 26-year-old male, I have a favorite Spice Girl (Geri).

11.) My favorite song is currently, has been for a large number of years, and most likely always be Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek."


Oog. Now I have to come up with eleven questions? Here we go!

01.) Why do you do this whole blogging thing?
02.) What are your goals for the end of this year, and what are you doing to achieve them?
03.) Why do you think it's so easy for people to give advice, but not apply it to their own lives?
04.) What are three things you "bring to the table"?
05.) How do you motivate yourself?
06.) If you were the concept creator of a TV show, what would it be about?
07.) When did you realize that you wanted to do whatever it is in life you're currently doing?
08.) What is your favorite sight, sound, texture, taste, and smell, and why?
09.) Let's say you just found out that someone considers you a role model, why?
10.) Who would you want to play you in the movie about your life, and why?
11.) You have two options for your memory: you can either be hated or forgotten instantly. Which one would you choose, and, as always, why?

And now, to pick eleven people!

Hmm.

Insomniac's Dream
Mod Mom
Kathe W
Keebles
Mina Lobo
Bleu

Unfortunately, those are the only people I even come remotely close to being able to tag. If you feel like I left you out on purpose, it's not true! I promise, I've just been at the computer for two hours and my brain is mush. Let me know and I'll add you to the list! I think I'll let these people know about their award when I wake up....

Oog. Good night.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Whoa, it's been ages! I had no idea I was even still in your orbit! Yeah, give me a tick and I'll add you up there.

      Delete
  2. I still love the story about pretending to be deaf. And . . . you're still a weirdo. :)

    Thank you for the award. Ironically enough, my blog scheduled for tomorrow is actually a Leibster.

    I have blogs scheduled out through next Friday (I seem to be the opposite of you when it comes to blogging)but I will get to this!! Hopefully Saturday, well because I love the irony there, and also it's day J for the ABC's of Swearing and I can call you a jackass. No, not really, I'm kidding. Or am I?

    -The Insomniacs Dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled that you posted! I loved your answers. Four is so thought filled!

    To your questions... I could not help but take a crack at them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry...hate when I mis-spell...take two...thank you very much for the Liebster nod!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks for tagging me, Dude.

    For the record: I have faith you'll one day be Spiderman. Oh, yes. :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better late the never, right?

    Thanks for tagging me!!
    I happen to be plum out of witty words today..I'll try to find some for the Liebster blog ;o)



    No Natural Mama

    ReplyDelete